Are you the Sun?
- Who brightly shines regularly,
- Who gives life to every life form that receives your light?
- Who wakes up a well-rested soul from its slumber,
- And whose gentle light puts to sleep a tired body?
Are you the Moon?
- Who reflects to everyone the light that you receive?
- Whose light depends on your many phases,
- Yet, your force influences the tides?
- Whose full presence is captivating,
- And whose absence brings darkness?
Are you a Star?
- Who sparkles from a distance,
- Who makes children wonder what you are?
- Whose color ranges from yellow, to orange, to blue?
- Who is so distant, yet guides a lost traveler?
Are you a Light Bulb?
- Whose main purpose is to give light,
- Yet depends on someone when to give light and when to hold back?
- Whose effectiveness depends on your wiring within?
Are you a Flashlight?
- Who needs to be charged just to give light?
- Who could help much in emergencies,
- And a life saver in disasters?
Are you a Spotlight?
- Who focuses your light on someone to make it shine,
- Yet, stays in total darkness?
- Who makes others famous,
- Yet keeps silent behind?
Are you a Candle?
- Who glows brightly in the dark,
- And able to share its light with others?
- Who stands against gentle breeze,
- And holds on to its light even when blown?
- Whose light is loved in birthdays and deaths,
- And soothes a weary soul in deep prayer?
Are you a Matchstick?
- Who needs friction just to emit light,
- And gives it only in less than a minute?
- Whose short life-span ignites a bonfire
- Or even cooks others food?
As for me, I may have some characteristics of each one, if not all of the above. But I feel I am closely related with the moon. As I have these phases.
What kind of light are YOU?